The cost of entry for the 2018 ride is $1,500 per person.
The ride entry fee can be reduced by $1,000 (to $500) if you take the opportunity to raise at least $2,000 in donations to support the work of Father Chris Riley’s Youth of the Streets. For a fully supported 7-day cycle tour, that’s a bargain!
The full details are as follows:
- Riders are required to pay $300 deposit on registration.
- The balance of the ride fee ($1,200) is due on 1 April 2018. The balance payable is reduced by $1,000 for those participants who have raised at least $2,000 in donations by 31 March 2018. Note: you must raise a minimum of $2,000 in donations (not including the $300 deposit) to qualify for the reduced ride fee.
- The deposit payable on registration (less $50 administration fee) is refundable if a rider withdraws prior to 1 March 2018.
- Withdrawals received after the 1 March 2018 are not eligible for a refund.
- Riders must be registered by 1 March 2018 to receive the free ride kit comprising ride jersey and knicks.
The entry fee covers:
- 2018 Ride Kit (jersey and knicks)
- Tent sites for those camping (riders camping must bring their own camping gear)
- 4 meals per day i.e. breakfast, morning tea, lunch and dinner (Breakfast not included Day 1)
- Daily luggage transfers
- A dedicated support vehicle for every Pack
- Overnight accommodation (on a shared basis) at Watermark Gold Coast Hotel on Day 7
- Great camaraderie and encouragement along the way.
The Sydney to Surfers ‘Robbo’s Ride’ is a fundraising event and all riders are encouraged to participate in fundraising. Fundraising however, is not compulsory – riders can elect to pay the full ride entry of $1,500 per person.
There are some great incentives to encourage riders to participate in fundraising efforts and introduce new riders to the Sydney to Surfers Ride 2018:
1. Reduce the cost of your ride entry
- Fundraise more than $2,000 by 31 March 2018 and you are won’t have to pay the full ride fee. For riders who meet this target, the ride fee for the event is reduced by $1,000 with a balance payment of $250 (or $200 for past riders) due to be paid by 1 April 2018.
- If you have paid the full ride fee on 1 April and subsequently meet the fundraising target of $2,000 before the post ride presentation dinner (held in late May/ June 2018), you will be entitled to a refund of $1,000. Refunds will be paid by 30 June 2018.
2. Win a car!
Any rider who fundraises $2,000 also receives one entry into the draw for a car (donated by the major sponsor Macsim Fastenings) to be drawn at the official post ride dinner (held in May/June 2018). One additional entry into the draw for the car is given to a rider for every $500 dollars raised above the $2,000 (eg, $2,000 raised one entry, $2,500 raised 2 entries, and $3,000 raised 3 entries and so on).
3. Recruit a new rider
- Any rider who recruits a new rider (or a rider who has not participated in the Sydney to Surfers Ride for at least 5 years) will be eligible for a ride t-shirt and one additional entry into the draw for the car.
Summary of key dates
Deposit $300 is payable. Registration opens in November and will close when the maximum 200 riders is reached.
1 March 2018
Last date for withdrawals to be eligible for a refund of your deposit (less $50 administration fee).
Last date for registrations to receive the free riders kit comprising ride jersey and knicks.
31 March 2018
If you have raised at least $2,000 by 31 March, your ride fee is reduced to $500.
1 April 2018
Balance of ride payable – $1,200 or $200 if you have met the fundraising target.
Late May/ June 2018
Official post ride dinner. Riders who paid the full ride fee and subsequently met the fundraising target of $2,000 before the dinner will be entitled to a refund of $1,000. Refund will be paid by 30 June 2018.