The cost of the 2017 ride entry fee is $1,500 per person. This fee can be reduced to $500 for riders who take the opportunity to raise at least $2,000 to support the work of Father Chris Riley’s Youth of the Streets. For a fully supported 7-day cycle tour, that’s a bargain!
The full details are as follows:
- Riders are required to pay $300 deposit on registration.
- The balance of the ride fee ($1,200) is due on 1 April 2017.
- The deposit payable on registration (less $50 administration fee) is refundable if a Rider withdraws prior to 1 March 2017.
- Withdrawals received after the 1 March 2017 are not eligible for a refund.
- Riders must be registered by 1 March 2017 to receive the free ride kit comprising ride jersey and knicks.
The entry fee covers:
- 2017 Ride Kit (Team jersey and knicks)
- Tent sites for those camping (Riders camping must bring their own camping gear)
- 4 meals per day i.e. breakfast, morning tea, lunch and dinner (Breakfast not included Day 1)
- Daily luggage transfers
- A dedicated support vehicle for every Pack
- Overnight accommodation (on a shared basis) at Sea World on Day 7
- Great camaraderie and encouragement along the way.
The Sydney to Surfers ‘Robbo’s Ride’ is a fundraising event and all riders are encouraged to participate in fundraising. Fundraising however, is not compulsory – riders can elect to pay the full ride entry of $1,500 per person.
There are two great incentives to encourage riders to participate in fundraising efforts:
1. Reduce the cost of your ride entry
- Fundraise more than $2,000 by 31 March 2017 and you are won’t have to pay the full ride fee. In this situation, the ride fee for the event is reduced to $500 with the balance of $200 to be paid by 1 April 2017 (i.e. $300 deposit paid on registration plus the $200 balance equals $500).
- If you have paid the full ride fee on 1 April and subsequently meet the fundraising target of $2,000 before the post ride presentation dinner (held in late May/ June 2017), you will be entitled to a refund of $1000 i.e. the cost of participation in the event is reduced to $500 for the rider. Refunds will be paid by 30 June 2017.
2. Win a car!
Any rider who fundraises $2,000 receives one entry into the draw for a car (donated by the major sponsor Macsim Fastenings) to be drawn at the official post ride dinner (held in May/June 2017). One additional entry into the draw for the car is given to a rider for every $500 dollars raised above the $2,000 (eg, $2,000 raised one entry, $2,500 raised 2 entries, and $3,000 raised 3 entries and so on).
Summary of key dates
Deposit $300 is payable. Registration opens in November and will close when the maximum 200 riders is reached.
1 March 2017
Last date for withdrawals to be eligible for a refund of your deposit (less $50 administration fee).
Last date for registrations to receive the free riders kit comprising ride jersey and knicks.
31 March 2017
If you have raised at least $2,000 by 31 March, your ride fee is reduced to $500.
1 April 2017
Balance of ride payable – $1,200 or $200 if you have met the fundraising target.
Late May/ June
Official post ride dinner. Riders who paid the full ride fee and subsequently met the fundraising target of $2,000 before the dinner will be entitled to a refund of $1,000. Refund will be paid by 30 June 2017.