The Sydney to Surfers Robbo’s Ride is proud to have been supporting Father Chris Riley’s Youth Off The Streets since our first ride in 1999. Each year, hundreds of riders gather donations to help fund the important programs delivered by Youth Off The Streets.
There is simply no better cause to ride for! Father Chris Riley explains why.
It’s not compulsory but why not take this opportunity to use your ride to generate funds to help improve the lives of disadvantaged young people?
Riders who choose to participate in fundraising activities will receive:
- a $1,000 discount on your ride entry fee provided you raise at least $2,000
- one ticket in the draw for a brand new car provided you raise at least $2,000
- one additional ticket in the draw for every additional $500 you raise above the $2,000 target
- the satisfaction of knowing you’ve made a practical contribution.
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for young people aged 12 to 25 who are facing challenges of homelessness, drug dependency, disadvantage, exclusion from school, neglect and abuse.
Youth Off The Streets is helping young people discover greatness within, by engaging, supporting and providing opportunities to encourage and facilitate life choices.
YOTS provides a range of services that support our young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal traumas such as neglect and physical, psychological and emotional abuse. It is the goal that these young people will leave YOTS care drug free, with a high school education, living skills and full or part time job in hand.
Since opening in 1991, Youth Off The Streets has grown from a single food van delivering meals to young homeless people on the streets of Kings Cross to a major youth specific agency offering a full continuum of care through delivery of a wide range of services.
YOTS’ 35 services include crisis accommodation, alcohol and other drug services, counselling, accredited high schools, outreach and residential treatment programs. Volunteers support YOTS every step of the way.
Youth Off The Streets is accredited as a Designated Agency for Out of Home Care and maintains policies and procedures that comply with the benchmark standards as defined by the Office for Children the Children’s Guardian.
Youth Off The Streets services are offered in areas across NSW, including suburbs in Sydney, Hunter Valley, Cordeaux Heights in the Illawarra, regional areas Bourke, Narrandera and Griffith, and in Logan QLD. These services are fully integrated, with teams working together to provide care and support specifically designed to meet individual needs.
The former Governor General of Australia, Sir William Deane and Lady Helen Deane are patrons.
Youth Off The Streets Services
- Crisis accommodation
- Education through five accredited, independent high schools
- Early intervention and outreach through community engagement in metropolitan & remote communities
- Drug and Alcohol counselling and rehabilitation
- Parenting Programs
- Integration Support – ensuring the optimal opportunity for successful reintegration into mainstream society after a young person exits our care
- Street Walk Program – providing a night time presence Sunday through to Thursday, making contact with young people on the streets
- Food Van
- National Scholarship Program
- Aboriginal Services which responds to the specific needs of Aboriginal young Australians and their communities
- Residential treatment programs.
We’ve gathered a number of resources to help you in your fundraising efforts.
When you sign up for the ride, you’ll create your own fundraising page at everydayhero.com. You can share your page through email and your social media contacts; you can also link your Strava account to your fundraising page.
You can also download the resources below to use in your communications with your supporters.